skip to Main Content

Tax-Free Childcare

If you are a working parent with children under 12 years old you can open an online account to pay for registered childcare.  For every £8 you pay in the government will pay in £2.  You can receive up to £2000 per child per year. You and any partner must each expect to earn (on average) at least £131 per week (equal to 16 hours at the National Minimum or Living Wage).  If you or your partner are on maternity, paternity or adoption leave, or you’re unable to work because you are disabled or have caring responsibilities, you could still be eligible.
You can’t get tax-free childcare if you or your partner individually expect to earn £100,000 or more per year.  You can use Tax-Free Childcare with your 15 and/or 30 hours free childcare.

Universal Credit for Childcare

If you or your partner is working or is due to start work and are claiming universal credit you could claim back up to 85% of your eligible childcare costs.  You could get up to £646 a month for one child or £1108 for 2 or more children.
Further information can be found online on the Childcare Choices website.  If you would like to discuss help with payments then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Back To Top